Thursday, May 24, 2012

Side Yard Plan

I've been really, really lacking any kind of motivation to think about or work on the yard. And, since the whole project is kind of floating in limbo at the moment what with landlords and landscapers still working out what will be done with the property, it's no wonder I have no desire to commit to any ideas right this second. Yeah, I'm feeling beaten down. BUT...I have still been daydreaming, and lately it's been about the side yard.

This is the only area that it seems we'll get to have much control over what happens, so I've developed a plan for how I want to do it. Yes, I know that at any moment plans could change and it could be covered in grass or something, but I really have high hopes for what it can become...through OUR hard work and planning.

So here is a basic plan I've drawn up for the side yard area:

I will give more details about the different areas I've drawn:

A: Flower beds, most likely full of wildflowers, some ornamental rocks/pavers, and perhaps some nice ground cover or moss:




B: A dirt or gravel path, possibly including stepping stones:




C: A "lookout" or relaxation area with a bench and possible firepit:




D: Bark, with intermittent shrubs/bushes:




E: Vegetable garden area. Will have a raised garden bed, planters, a gravel path, and some kind of fence (picket?)

F: Rocks, to make the bark borders a little less boring...maybe with some decorative grasses?:





No comments:

Post a Comment